Happy New Year everyone!
We closed 2019 talking about the importance of setting personal and professional goals for 2020 and I want to start 2020 with an analysis of the best posts of 2019 and why.
I do this every year and it helps me plan the content that I should be creating in the new year based on the popularity of past posts.
At the end of the day, I write to share my knowledge with you but I also want to ensure that what I write is of value to you as my readers.
So let's get started.
Top 10 Blog Posts Written in 2019 Based on Traffic
- New Year, New Inbound PR Methodology
- B2B and B2C Content Marketing Statistics 2019 [Infographic]
- 7 Tech Trends in Journalism and Media to Watch Out for in 2019
- 5 Years at HubSpot - Here's What I Learned About Growth and Career
- Performing Stakeholder Analysis with the Salience Model for Project Management
- Top 21 Inbound PR Posts on Other Blogs [Updated]
- Getting Started with AI for Marketing and PR Agencies
- How to Use the DARCI Framework in Project Management
- Why The Challenger Sale Approach is the Best Approach to Consulting Too
- The 7 Project Management Methodologies [Infographic]
I'm delighted to see a post about Inbound PR at the top for 2019. I won't lie to you, it's been hard to drive traffic to a brand new term that I developed through my book Inbound PR.
What I'm also very happy about is that three posts about project management have made it to the top 10. Project management is my latest passion that I want to keep writing about and seeing that you're interested in it, confirms the need to continue expanding on this topic.
Now let's take a look at the all-time best blog posts based on traffic since I started this blog in 2012. I've added the total views as I think they speak volumes.
All-time Top 10 Blog Posts Based on Traffic
- 10 Public Relations Dissertation Topics - 53,522 views, published in February 2015
- The 4 Key Emotional Intelligence Capabilities [Infographic] - 39,252 views, published in April 2016
- Mastering Emotional Intelligence with 17 Simple Exercises - 32,896 views, published in December 2016
- How to be an Effective Leader [Infographic] - 31,838 views, published in June 2015
- How to Win and Influence People [Infographic] - 31,484 views, published in October 2014
- Why do I want to work in PR? - 24,389 views, published in January 2012
- What my PR Internship Taught me: 10 Pieces of Advice for Future Interns (and not only) - 15,870 views, published in April 2013
- The 7 Best Storytelling Infographics You Need to Check Out Now - 9,579 views, published in May 2015
- The Six Leadership Styles And How To Master Them [Infographic] - 7,162 views, published in May 2016
- Making Profits Is The Only Reason Why Businesses Exist, Or Is It? - 6,116 views, published in December 2012
What all of this tells me is that the evergreen posts I've written years ago still keep on performing very well and most of them get their traffic from organic search so if I give them a new push on social media, that'll drive even more traffic to my blog.
What's also interesting are the topics themselves - a lot of them are related to personal development and interpersonal skills and many are infographics which have performed very well through Pinterest as well so I'll try to expand on these and create some new infographics, possibly around project management.
Which post from the above was your favourite?