Content Marketing has been around for quite some time.
We use it in inbound marketing, we use it in inbound PR, we use it in internal communication, we use it any time we need to interact with an audience.
In fact, 88% of B2B content marketers say that creating content makes their audience view their organisation as a credible and trusted resource.
I learned this from a very cool infographic from my friends over at PointVisible that I want to show you today.
You can take a look at the full image below but I to run through some of the key statistics from my point of view.
6 Key Facts About the State of Content Marketing
- 93% of the most successful B2B marketers say their organisations are extremely/very committed to content marketing - for B2C, that's 64% which to me seems like a big difference.
- 81% of B2C content marketers are concerned with creating content that builds loyalty with existing customers.
- 40% of both B2B and B2C marketers say that their proficiency with content marketing technology such as marketing automation, email and social media marketing or CMS is intermediate.
- 55% of B2B and 51% of B2C marketers use personas for their research.
- Email campaigns is the top method to nurture audiences - 87% for B2B and 80% for B2C.
- 49% of B2B marketers and 57% of B2C marketers have measured content ROI in 2018.
My key learning from these is that there's a correlation between the measurement of ROI and the proficiency in technology - marketers are not that confident at the latter which impedes them from truly measuring the impact of their methods. Technology is an enabler and marketers need to get to grips with it to do their jobs even better.
Check out all the stats below - some might surprise you!
B2B and B2C Content Marketing Statistics 2019 [Infographic]
How much do you invest in content marketing?