72% of marketers believe that content marketing is essential for their business; 33% of them say that it brings them at least double the return on their original investment and 86% are planning to spend more on content in 2015. These are some staggering statistics from a research by wyzowl, showing that content marketing works.
However, it’s one thing to know that something works, it’s another to actually make it work.
Content marketing is entirely about different types of quality content created and distributed to meet the needs of a relevant audience. The major drivers for successful content marketing that marketers and communicators use are blogging and effective storytelling.
To help you become a content expert, here’s a list of all the things you need to know as well as some inspirational ideas around creating content, storytelling, blogging and writing.
Ultimate Resources for Content Creation, Storytelling and Blogging:
- The power of storytelling and how to harness it: Storytelling is an art and a science. Here's everything you need to know in order to make best use of it.
- How to create fascinating content: There are three essential steps you need to master so that you can create content that fascinates: buyer personas, buyer's journey and fascination triggers.
- Eight core principles of inspiring storytelling: Whether for a presentation, a blog post, a speech or your next social media posts, there are eight core principles you should follow to create and deliver a message in a such way that really makes an impact and leaves a mark.
- How to become a break through storyteller: Storytelling is the best knowledge management tool, here’s a 5 step model infographic how to create great stories.
- The secrets to writing killer blog posts: Thanks to the massive amount of blogs out there writing killer posts that get your reader’s attention is more challenging than ever. Here are some actionable tips and tricks to use for your next blog content.
- Why visual content is king: With multiple photos shared every second on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr etc, we live in the era of visual consumerism, where the mainstream adoption of social media and image-based mobile tools and apps forces you to use engaging visuals in literally any piece of content you create.
- The perfect length for each content type and piece: To optimise storytelling content you not only need to make the right choice of words to use, but you also need to carefully consider the amount of words you use.
- Storytelling, content creation and social news for media relations: The adoption of digital technology has empowered the so called social news consumption that has three major implications for you when it comes to creating content targeted at the media: video, mobile and bite-sized.
- How to improve your writing: Choosing the right words when you are writing content can be challenging. Here are nine actionable tips to guide you.
- The next big thing - from storytelling to storylistening to storybuilding: Agility, real-time immediacy, always-on sensors, 100%-now individual centricity and hyper visual content seem to be the major aspects, the next big things that determine how we should be building brands in the digital age.
What matters the most to you when you are creating content?