As I am in exam phase (2 done, 2 more to go!) I admit I don’t have much time to write… But I also have another confession to make – I am addicted to my Smartphone and using it to check-in on Foursquare, tweet or read, go on Facebook and view my e-mail and, and, and…
I love being able to be online everywhere, all the time, and frankly I can’t imagine my life without this amazing opportunity that new technology has offered us.
Apparently however, it is changing our world to a massive extent – people are now dependent on their mobile devices as they are on their car, computer or TV. Therefore mobile creates enormous new opportunities for brands how to reach and interact with their target audiences.
Don’t believe me? Then check out the video below - it shows some shocking statistics about the emerging use of mobile devices for practically everything that InMobi have found out in their research on Mobile Media Consumption.
Here are some of the facts:
- people spend 2 hours per day on their mobile devices; in comparison: 1.6 hours for TV, 2.3 hours for laptop, 49 minutes for radio, 33 minutes for print;
- there will 7.1 billion mobile connected devices by 2015;
- 39% use their devices while watching TV, 67% in bed, 25% during commute;
- 11% say mobile ads have influenced their purchase in store and 14% admit mobile ads have influenced them to buy via their device;
- over 1/2 have used m-commerce already; in 2013 this number will be 3/4.
Mobile is big! It is becoming the dominant media – for communicating with people, accessing entertainment, getting news updates, shopping etc.
I am mostly on social media with my phone, which is not much of a surprise, but how about you? What do you do with your mobile devices?