Did you know that by 2020, IoT technology will be in 95% of new electronics?
That's just a year away, yes.
We thought that online and social channels were disruptive but how about innovations such as 3D printing, electric cars, the internet of things (IoT), virtual reality and artificial intelligence (AI)?
These new technologies are completely reinventing how we do pretty much everything in our personal and professional lives.
And we will all require new skills to be able to do our jobs. In fact, in their research, Accenture Interactive predicts that more than half of the workforce will have to learn new skills within the next five years due to human-machine collaboration.
No wonder then that one-third of companies are planning to increase their innovation-related investments by more than 50% as worldwide spending on technology and services to enable digital transformation (DX) is going to reach nearly $2 trillion by 2022.
But what are some of those investments going to be?
Accenture Interactive partnered with AdWeek and have put together a great infographic packed with some very interesting research findings that I want to show you.
Here are some of the key tech disruptions, innovations and trends we should expect:
- 25% of customer service operations will integrate virtual customer assistant (VCA) or chatbot technology by 2020.
- Chatbots will save companies over $8 billion by 2022, up from $20 million in 2020.
- 87% of the workforce expects part of their job to be automated.
- Spending on AI and cognitive systems will reach $46 billion in 2020, up more than 700% from 2016.
- $3 trillion total global spending on IoT devices and services by 2020, half of it coming from consumers.
Take a look at all other details in the infographic below.
Entering an Era of Massive Disruption [Infographic]
How are you preparing for the next era of disruption?