One more year has flown by.
And what a year it has been for all of us with COVID-19 completely changing our personal and professional lives.
To me, the crisis has had both positive and negative implications. I've been able to spend so much time with my now husband but we were restricted and couldn't travel and be with family and friends as much as we would normally do.
Nevertheless, 2020 was really the best year of my life so far.
As the new year approaches, it's always good to pause and reflect, to think about all the goods things we need to be grateful for.
Here are my top 10 things that I am grateful for this Christmas.
10 Things I'm Grateful For This Christmas
- I got pregnant and gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl that has enriched my life to an inexplicable extent.
- My daughter's first smile was the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced and every time she smiles now, I just melt.
- I married the love of my life - we didn't have the wedding we had originally planned due to the virus but it was nevertheless a beautiful ceremony with our family watching via WebEx.
- I am healthy and so is my family - nobody got COVID.
- I have the most wonderful friends all over the world and even in isolation, we continue building on our friendship.
- My husband and I bought the house of our dreams but most importantly we turned it into a loving home for our young, new family where our baby girl will grow up.
- I've learned a ton at Cisco through the amazing colleagues that I have.
- I've been exposed to some great growth opportunities at Cisco and in fact, I'm starting a new, exciting role in January after I return from maternity.
- My husband and I have been going out for walks almost every day this year, enjoying the sun, the fresh air and the greenery of the outdoors, allowing us to connect and to remain active.
- Thanks to COVID and the lockdowns I've had more time to cook and try new recipes - it both relaxes me and makes me feel like I'm exploring something new in my own home.
What are you grateful for this Christmas?